Exclusive to participants of our free Digital Pathfinders programme, we are now able to support Newcastle-based SMEs who interact with customers on a face-to-face basis, with accessing a brand-new grant. The grant will part-cover the costs of implementing a digital technology to increase their efficiency and covid resilience.
Funded by Newcastle City Council, the Digital Tech Resilience Grant will cover 50% of the costs (up to £3000) to implement a technology that increases business and covid resilience. The aim of the grant is to ultimately improve public health by reducing the risk of increased covid cases. Examples of technologies that would be eligible for the grant include:
- a technology that allows for multi
- a technology which reduces the need for direct face to face interactions
- a technology which better manages the movement of people.
For example, you could be a taxi driver looking to introduce a digital payment system to reduce cash handling, or a retailer encouraging digital pre-orders to reduce unnecessary touching of in-store products.
Not sure how technology might be able to help you become more resilient?The Digital Tech Resilience Grant is your next step after accessing free business support delivered by our team of digital experts, to help you derisk your investment. Our support is tailored to your business and digital needs, whether you’re completely new to technology or already know what you’re looking for.Our support activities can encompass, but are not limited to, the following services:
- Exploring how technology could drive covid resilience within your particular business;
- Understanding what functionality your technology would require;
- Scoping budgets and understanding value for money in order to derisk investment into technology;
- Supporting procurement and building connections with tech suppliers to facilitate development of the technology.
To be eligible for the grant, the following criteria must be met:
- The business must be based in Newcastle
- The business must have been referred for a grant by the Digital Pathfinders team
- The technology should focus on increasing covid resilience, which is judged as any activity that ultimately reduces the risk to the business, staff and customers caused by new Covid related cases, or mitigates against future occurrences.
- The business cannot be in administration, insolvent or in a situation where a strike-off has been made.
The full eligibility details can be viewed by clicking here.
To register for the Digital Pathfinders programme, complete this form. To learn more about the Digital Tech Resilience Grant, please contact us.
If you wish to apply for the grant, please get in touch with Digital Pathfinders now.